High School Services
HomeSchoolWorks offers several services to the home school community.
High School Transcript Service:
As you venture to complete your student’s high school years it is important that good records be maintained. A high School transcript is required for college admissions and entrance into the military. In order to be prepared a parent should keep records yearly, recording all grades at the end of each year. HomeSchoolWorks can take the worry out of record keeping by maintaining yearly records and completing a professional looking transcript at the end of the Senior year. This will eliminate the “senior panic” when a transcript is needed. When the college of your choice, asks for a transcript it will be ready without delay. Our transcripts have been accepted by Ivy League universities, state colleges, private colleges and community colleges.
Procedure: (must be submitted via email to email@example.com)
- Submit yearly grades beginning at the end of the 9th grade and every year after that.
- Submit all extra-curricular activities including dates and description of activities.
- Submit GPA.
- Submit full name, address, email, phone, school name, and (optional)Social Security number.
This will be updated yearly or done all at once, depending on when you request the service.
Cost: $50.00/a one-time fee regardless of when you begin ;yearly updates included. A 2 week notice is required, so we have sufficient time to complete the task.
High School Planning:
Many home schoolers are confused by so many choices, when planning for the home school high school. If you are concerned about planning correctly for your high schooler, this service is for you. Mrs. Burdick, who has been doing this for almost 30 years, will personally meet with you on line, so both parents and the student can meet and discuss options. Items covered :
- Discuss career choices (7 possible career paths)
- Discuss high school curriculum choices and credits
- Discuss yearly plan for four years
- Discuss and explain Credit by Exam (CLEP, AP,etc.)
- Discuss obtaining college credit while in high school. (Dual enrollment)
- Discuss college choices.
- Discuss other issues that are important to the individual family.
Cost: $50.00 ( If a Webworks member this is a free service.)
Many home schoolers wonder how to go through the maze called the “college process” successfully. It can be quite a daunting experience, but yet it is one of the most important decisions a student will make during their life time. In order to help you to continue to make wise decisions and prepare your student for their future, HomeSchoolWorks offers a unique service that keeps you on the right path. Mrs. Burdick or a staff person will personally meet with you on line and discuss options for college or other higher education opportunities. Mrs. Burdick has been doing high school and college plans for over 25 years. Included in this is an in-depth research and report about three colleges of your choice and an on line conference with both parents and student lasting approximately 1 ½ hours. The report will include:
- Cost of tuition, room & board
- Transfer of credits (including CLEP, AP, etc.) This can save a lot of money; a plan to get college credit while in high school.
- Majors available
- Entrance requirements
- Other pertinent information that is requested.